Log in to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Lavender farms, shops and festivals are popping up all over the country, and so are legions of lavender lovers. The United States Lavender Growers Association (USLGA) is offering enthusiasts the opportunity to indulge in an inspiring and fun day to discover all about lavender. You'll be able to "tour" scenic lavender fields, gardens, and shops, take workshops by USLGA experts on how to grow and harvest your own lavender; use it in cooking and crafting; and enhance your personal care and home.
Here's our lineup of informative, lively, entertaining "Discover Lavender" 45-minute Zoom sessions.
Price: $15 per workshop or sign up for all six for $50 Video sessions will be available for 90 days after recording.
- 11:00 E/8:00 P: Lavender Primer - History, Gardening Basics, Varieties and Joys. Presenter: Joanne Voelcker, Mt. Airy Lavender
- 12:00 E/9:00 P: Culinary Lavender Workshop--Tasting, Smelling and Comparing Lavenders. Presenter: Joseph Downs, The Lavender Man
- 1:00 E/10:00 P: Making Easy Cocktails and Mocktails with Sorva Lavender Syrup. Presenter: Courtney Obland, Founder of Sorva Syrups
- 2:00 E/11:00 P: How to Make a Lavender Wreath or Lavender Bouquet Presenter: Serena Pelletier, Serene Lavender Farm
- 3:00 E/12:00 P: Enjoying Lavender for Personal Care, Wellness and Lifestyle Benefits. Presenter: Janice Cox, Author of Beautiful Lavender
- 4:00 E/1:00 P: Learn to Cook with Lavender--From Field to Kitchen to Table. Presenter: Nancy Baggett, Author of "The Art of Cooking With Lavender"
Discover the secrets of this beautiful aromatic herb and how you can use it to enliven your garden, your kitchen and your life!